LSFA is an International Workshop on Logical and Semantic Frameworks
with Applications. Logical and semantic frameworks are
formal languages used to represent logics, languages and
systems. These frameworks provide mathematical foundations for
formal specification of systems and programming languages,
supporting tool development and reasoning.
The objective of this series is to put together
theoreticians and practitioners to promote new techniques and results,
from the theoretical side, and feedback on the implementation and use
of such techniques and results, from the practical side.
LSFA started in 2006 in Natal (LSFA06)
and its second and third editions were held in Ouro Preto
Salvador (LSFA08) always as a satellite event to the
Brazilian Symposium on Formal Methods (SBMF).
In 2009 (LSFA09) it was held as a satellite event of
RDP in Brasília, and
subsequently, LSFA was a satellite event of ICTAC in Natal (LSFA10).
Since its sixth edition it was held alone in
Belo Horizonte (LSFA11),
Rio de Janeiro and Niteroi (LSFA12),
São Paulo (LSFA13),
Brasília (LSFA14) and
then in Natal (LSFA15)
as part of NAT@Logic 2015. The eleventh edition, (LSFA16), was
held as satellite event of FSCD 2016 in
Porto, the twelth edition, LSFA 2017, in
Brasília, as satellite of the collocated
conferences Tableaux+FroCoS+ITP, the thirteen
2018 was held alone in Fortaleza, and the
fourteen edition, LSFA 2019 was held as satellite of CADE 2019
The Fifteen Logical and Semantic Framework with applications, LSFA
2020, will take place in Bahia.
List of PC chairs and Invited Speakers:
2006 PC chairs: Christiano Braga, Edward Hermann Haeusler and Mauricio Ayala-Rincón
2006 ISs: Narciso Marti Oliet, Joe Wells and Uwe Wolter
2007 PC chairs: Edward Hermann Haeusler and Mauricio Ayala-Rincón
2007 ISs: Gilles Dowek, Fairouz Kamareddine and Simona Ronchi Della Rocca
2008 PC chairs: Mario Benevides and Elaine Pimentel
2008 ISs: Cesar Muñoz, Christian Urban and Marcelo Finger
2009 PC chairs: Mauricio Ayala-Rincón and Fairouz Kamareddine
2009 ISs: Delia Kesner, Jonathan Seldin and Luis Fariñas del Cerro
2010 PC chairs: Edward Hermann Haeusler and Luis Fariñas del Cerro
2010 ISs: Ruy de Queiroz, Natarajan Shankar and Freek Wiedijk
2011 PC chairs: Elaine Pimentel and Simona Ronchi Della Rocca
2011 ISs: Arnon Avron, Pete Manolios and Luiz Carlos Pereira
2012 PC chairs: Delia Kesner and Petrucio Viana
2012 ISs Torben Braüner, Maribel Fernández, Edward Hermann Haeusler and Alexandre Miquel
2013 PC chairs: Maribel Fernández and Marcelo Finger
ISs: Carlos Areces, Marcello D'Agostino and Jose Meseger
2014 PC chairs: Ian Mackie and Mauricio Ayala-Rincón
ISs: Ugo Montanari, Andrew Pitts and René Thiemann
2015 PC chairs: Mario Benevides and René Thiemann
ISs: Ofer Arieli, Valentin Goranko, Dale Miller and Valeria de Paiva
2016 PC chairs: Vivek Nigam and Mario Florido
ISs: Gilles Barthe, Kaustuv Chaudhuri and João Marques Silva
2017 PC chairs: Sandra Alves and Renata Wassermann
ISs: Beniamino Accattoli, Hélène Kirchner, Renate Schmidt
2018 PC chairs: Carlos Olarte and Beniamino Accattoli
ISs: Amy Felty, Andreas Herzig, Yiannis Moschovakis, Alessandra
2019 PC chairs: Amy Felty and João Marcos
ISs: Pascal Fontaine, Achim Jung, Vivek Nigam, Elaine Pimentel, Giselle Reis
- Special Issue LSFA 2006, J. of Algorithms vol 62, 2007 (toc
at JA site)
- Special Issue LSFA 2007, The Logical J. IGPL vol 17, 2009
- Special Issue LSFA 2008+9, Theoretical Computer Science
vol 412, 2011 (toc at TCS site)
- Special Issue LSFA 2010+11, The Logical J. IGPL vol 22(5), 2014 (toc at J.IGPL site)
- Special Issue LSFA 2012+13, Theoretical Computer Science
vol 606, 2015 (toc at TCS site)
- Special Issue LSFA 2014, Theoretical Computer Science
vol 685, 2017 (toc
at TCS site)
- Special Issue LSFA 2015+2016, Theoretical Computer Science
vol 781, 2019 (toc
at TCS site)
- Special Issue LSFA 2017+2018, TBD, Guest Eds.
Sandra Alves and Renata Wassermann.
- Proc. LSFA 2007, ENTCS vol 205, 2008 (Contents,
- Proc. LSFA 2008, ENTCS vol 247, 2009 (Contents,
- Proc. LSFA 2009, ENTCS vol 256, 2009 (Contents,
- Proc. LSFA 2010, ENTCS vol 269, 2011 (Contents,
- Proc. LSFA 2011, EPTCS vol 81, 2012 (Contents,
- Proc. LSFA 2012, EPTCS vol 113, 2013 (Contents,
- Proc. LSFA 2013, ENTCS vol 305, 2014 (Contents,
- Proc. LSFA 2014, ENTCS vol 312, 2015 (Contents,
- Proc. LSFA 2015, ENTCS vol 323, 2016 (Contents
- Proc. LSFA 2016, ENTCS vol 332, 2017 (Contents,
- Proc. LSFA 2017, ENTCS vol 338, 2018.
- Proc. LSFA 2018, ENTCS vol 344, 2019.
- Proc. LSFA 2019, in progress. Eds. Amy Felty and João Marcos.
- LSFA is an annual meeting.
- There will be a general assembly (GA) to be held during each LSFA
- There will be an steering committee (SC), whose composition and
function are specified in the next section.
- There will be a program committee (PC), which is solely responsible
for the scientific contents of the program for each LSFA.
- There will be a meeting committee (MC) whose chairman(s) is(are)
responsible for the local arrangements of the meeting and solely
financially responsible of the conference it is organizing.
- Nomination for the LSFA local organization and site should be submitted
to SC chair(s) four weeks before the conference.
of the LSFA to be held in the next year, will all be nominated by
the SC and approved (or disapproved) by a vote at the GA.
- Program Committee Chairperson,
- Meeting Chairperson,
- tentative date,
- Nomination of new SC members (with the consent of the nominees) should
be submitted to SC chair four weeks before the conference.
- The GA will take up any other agenda suggested by the attendees. It
will be ruled by Robert's Rules of Order.
- The PC Chair(s) should not submit any paper.
- The composition of the PC is the responsibility of the PC chair(s).
- Any modification of the bylaws should be proposed to the SC chair(s) four
weeks before the conference and be ratified at the GA.
LSFA Steering Committee
- Current SC members
Porto (Universidade de Porto), 2017-
Natal (UFRN), 2017-
São Paulo (USP), 2017-
Natal (UFRN), 2018- (chair)
Brasília (UnB), 2018-
London (King's College London), 2018-
Former SC members
Paris (U.Paris Diderot), 2015-18
Bruno Lopes Vieira
Niteroi (UFF), 2015-18 (chair)
João Pessoa (UFPr), 2015-18
Edward Hermann Haeusler Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio),
Mauricio Ayala-Rincón Brasília
(UnB), 2007-17 (co-chair)
Elaine Gouvêa Pimentel Natal (UFRN), 2007-17
Mario R. Folhadela Benevides Rio de Janeiro
Fairouz Dib Kamareddine Edinburgh (Heriot-Watt) 2007-15
Ana Teresa de Castro Martins Fortaleza (UFC) 2007-14
- The Steering Committee selects its own chair(s).
- Each Steering Committee member serves until the third subsequent conference. In each conference, at most one third of the members of the SC can be renewed. In order to keep this balance, exceptionally and with the approval of the General Assembly, it is possible to extend for one year the term of some of the members of the SC.
- The General Assembly of each conference votes by secret ballot for new
Steering Committee members to replace the outgoing members. The maximum number of candidate indications allowed for each attendee of the General Assembly equals the number of open positions in that election. The total indications
per candidate are computed and the most voted, up to the number of
open positions, will be considered elected.
- Provide support to the Program Committee and Meeting Committee.
- Propose Program Committee chair, site and tentative date of meeting
to be held in next two years.
- Advertising and other issues concerning publicity of the conference.
- Act as liaison with other conferences and workshops.
- Call and organize the General Assembly.
- Organize the election of new Steering Committee members.
- Explore technical/organizational supports for non-local
- Maintain an official mailing list and records of the previous